Saturday, November 28, 2009

Saturday 28 November


Returning to the playground, the 'blackboard wall' was all but covered with drawings and writings. During the morning, more were added to it.



As usual there were various games of football played during the morning. There are attempts to make sure the sides are 'even'. The children know who is a good, or very good player, and they try to balance the sides - if a good player joins in, they always join the team that are losing.


Match of The Day ...



I asked children to show me their favourite place at the playground ...

A girl told me she had two favourite places inside the building, and one outside, so we rode around in a tryke like the one below, along the playground paths. We stopped at various spots, her favourite, was a 'secret spot' where she ate her sweets - despite the rule that sweets can't be eaten in the playground.


Inside, her favourite places was the ball pool where we played Owner and Cat, and the sensory room - where we played Hide The Hat (my hat). Whilst going around the playground, she took it upon herself to personally introduce me to as many members of staff as possible - I had told here that I didn't know everybody yet.



I suggested to Bev, the manager, that I devote an edition of A3 (a black and white poster publication that I produce monthly) to short stories written by the children.

During the morning, I was shown a:

Map of The Land of Charlie Chaplin & The Lava Turtles

Marked on the map were:

Gate To The Other World

The Talking Trees

A Lava Pond

Slopes Of The Boogie Traps

Later, the boy who had made this, tore the map up. It was of no further use, he said, as the map was 'perfect in his head'.

No comments:

Post a Comment