Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Tuesday 24 November


Whilst painting the wall with black paint, for the children to draw / write on using chalks, the trees to one side of the playground were being felled. A video here of this ...


Later at the team meeting we learnt that the tree trunks were being donated to the playground, and were going to be used as seating.


The wall now finished, I left chalks on a chair.


Returning from a walk around the playground, a boy was drawing on the wall (see video here). He made a circular target, with high and low scores on it, he tried scoring with the football.

Drawing by Ottey, a playworker.


The meal tonight was pasta with tuna, or salmon. One boy said he did not like the taste of it, he also didn't like the sound of it.


I had a few more responses to asking staff to tell me the earliest memory they have of playing.

I remember playing 'Dinosaur World' with my mum. She had bowls of water with food dye and dirt made into mountains and also plastic dinosaurs. I think a mirror was involved, but I can't be sure. It was fun. Ben

Playing in the rock pools at the beach in Cornwall poking sea anemones and watching them retract inside themselves, popping bladderwrack (seaweed), getting pinched on the finger by a crab. Henry

My earliest memory of play is playing 'wink' with my neighbours. Its a form of hide and seek were the person found, needs to stand by a spot and can sneak away when getting a 'wink' from somebody else. Jenny

Had to really think, many years ago, as I'm a mother of four. Approximately aged seven or eight riding my favourite yellow tricycle, snowy and browny teddy bears, best of all - my one and only friend my Golden Retriever dog Rusty, and being with my Nan Xmas times playing Ludo, Monopoly - I enjoyed play. Edwards

First time I remembered living next door to Ronnie Corbett and there were caves there with bats and I played in there a lot, and I loved playing in the rain and getting wet all the time and ended up with pneumonia. I was under five years old at the time. - L.A. Howell


My first memory was getting two lego sets to build a chopper bike. - Troy


Spectacular play structure


DISABLED BOY 'CAN PLAY' was a recent newspaper headline:

A doctor involved in assessing the survival chances of a sick baby boy agreed in court yesterday it was possible he was capable of 'purposeful play and interaction'. But the consultant paediatric neurologist said that, even if Baby RB - who was born with congential myasthenic syndrome - had scope for further development, he would still be in a 'no chance' situation, the High Court heard. His parents are divided over whether he should live or die. the hearing continues.

No comments:

Post a Comment