Monday, December 7, 2009

Wednesday 7 December (2)


Before the children arrive each day, all the equipment is safety checked. The perimeter fence is checked also for syringes, any harmful residual of bonfires, and broken glass.

This residency ends in a weeks time - the same date as the last day that the playground is open for Christmas, a party is being held that day - the theme of the party is 'Hair'.

If you dont have hair then wigs have to be worn.



Tonight's meal is noodles and vegetables . . .



tonight's film in 3D . . .



then food is served . . .


followed by Birthday Cake.



It looks like the edition of A3 (my poster publication) to feature stories written by children at the playground, will be part funded by the South London Gallery. This means that the numbers printed will be increased allowing the children, and staff, at the playground to have copies, and for the South London Gallery to also distribute copies.


A few more staff told me their first memories of playing - these both involved the gaining of scars:

I went to the park and played with my sister and my cousin (who were a lot older than me) and I slipped off a sea-saw and hurt myself. I still have the scar on my side. - Keisha

I was in Grenada with my cousins. There was only one ice cream parlour, and we were racing through the streets to get there before it closed. We were cutting through streets, and I fell over a log and onto barbed wire - pointing to near his eye - here's the scar. - Troy

No comments:

Post a Comment