Friday, December 11, 2009

Friday 11 December


Today, I received this email message from Caroline, who has been following this blog - I thought it made for interesting reading.

I was having a conversation today with a singer / song writer friend. We were discussing a similar theme to yours with regards to (some adult's) fear of playing / art making. We talked about ideas of freedom and control. Something in the loosing of oneself and the fear that in letting go, control will be irretrievable. Or that we would be unable to find ourselves again. And that making Art is a way of loosing oneself and and having control at the same time? Just before this I had been cycling down an extremely steep hill, a particular favorite of mine as it has no speed bumps. I've often thought about how wonderful it would be to just scream my head off as I go down. So today I did just this. It was utterly wonderful!

Asking if I could post this on this blog, Caroline explained that she and her friend Megan were:

Talking about the processes of making Art developed as a result of Motherhood - in relation to having to pick things up, and putting them down. We were wondering if when we put things down we will ever be able to pick them up again, and of how our capacity to loose ourselves is affected in the reverse, and we adapt our ways of working / playing in this.

No comments:

Post a Comment